Loving everything Sweden Jun 21, 2020 3:05:22 GMT
Post by tagaytay on Jun 21, 2020 3:05:22 GMT
because ABBA has been a good part of my adolescent years my brain development probably got affected so that its somehow hardwired to like anything swedish. so now even after 40 years and i seldom listen to ABBA now i still like anything swedish,
to start off:
1. yes i drive a volvo . im on my second volvo now. the ceiling liner is customized to look like the swedish flag
2. i have Ikea and other scandinavian brand furniture
3. i have a small swedish flag in my living room. i swiped it from a scandinavian party in manila sponsored by the scandinavian chamber of commerce (it was a crayfish party)
4. i have some H&M clothes
5. I have small swedish souvenirs all over the house bought from the museum, skansen, etc
6. i wear swedish clogs at home
7. the swedish flag is painted on the gate of my house
8. one room in the house is made to look like a swedish country room (all white, wooden furniture). a swedish couchsurfer has used it once. and in couchsurfing, i hunt for swedes looking for temporary rooms to stay in while in Manila, and I offer that room.
9. im on the mailing list of the scandinavian chamber of commerce even though I dont do any kind of international business with them or anybody else
10. Ikea is building supposedly their biggest store in the world in Manila and it should open next year. I have written to the country manager and asked him if i could be invited to the opening day.
11. I go to Europe every other year and Sweden is always part of the trip
12. I attended my first midsommar party yesterday. I was supposed to go to Stockholm this year for that event but because of COVID i attended the next best thing I think, which is a midsommar party hosted by the Scandinavian chamber of commerce here in Manila. And I met the Swedish Ambassador! and a lot of scandinavians who are responsible for building the IKEA store for opening next year.
On my bucket list
1. go to sweden to see the northern lights and experience really really cold weather and when its dark whole day
2. get myself some Thule brand luggage
3. get myself a FX airgun (im an airgun enthusiast, have three now but not the swedish FX which is very expensive here, have to save for it)
4. get myself a swedish bicycle
midsommar celebration in Manila yesterday. the mini maypole is in the background. its supposed to be a phallic symbol. im the guy in the left